Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Library Transformation

I have had a lot of emails, especially about Kensal Rise Library, following a blog posting here. I think some people didn't understand that Monday's Executive decision was simply to put the proposals out for public consultation rather than to make the substantive decision. The consultation lasts until April, when the Executive will decide on what to do with the Library service. As with waste management, I will be going round the Area Consultative Forums, as well as three special library specific meetings in different parts of the Borough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the Park Life Blog has brought this to everyone's attention - if your waste management consultation is anything to go by I would be very worried about our libraries.
Only 1180 unnamed people out of the whole of Brent returned the questionnaire which was completely worded to give you the answers you wanted. I wait to see what you come up with for the Library one Mr Powney!

Post a Comment