Search This Blog

Monday 1 November 2010

Sarah Teather and Tuition Fees

I wonder how Sarah Teather is feeling about tuition fees these days. In her maiden speech back in 2003, she claimed to be firmly against. Her opposition continued in 2004. It was shared by her mentor Charles Kennedy that year, who she was subsequently to help oust from the Liberal Democrat leadership. She repeated the message before the General Election in 2005. As late as February this year, she was still giving people the impression that she opposed tuition fees.

I have contemplated putting together a list of the Liberal Democrat U-turns and broken promises in the same way I did for the Brent Liberal Democrats, but I am just not sure I could keep pace with their changes in policy.

1 comment:

Joanne Tisdall said...

I'm a former Brent constituent and think it's critically important to hold Sarah Teather to account on this issue. Now she is Children's minister, her silence on tuition fee, which was apparently so important to her, is deafening. I urge people to write to her to insist that she declares her position.
Joanne Tisdall

Post a Comment