Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Why?

I thought I would start a blog about local issues in Kensal Green and Brent generally as there is such a lot going on, but the local papers' coverage is so poor.

I don't blame the local journalists too much as their budgets are cut to next to nothing. One of the reporters told me she no longer has an office, but has to do all her work at home. The Archant papers have just been restructured and lost a lot of their staff.

The result is that the reporting and anlysis of politics in Brent is pretty minimal. Many people aren't even aware that the Lib Dems and Tories run the Council, let alone how useless they are.

So this is in the way of an experiement to see if I can get through to more people, and hopefully get some feedback as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment