Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Roundwood Park

Still trying to calm down after Sarah Teather's callous betrayal of Brent children in scrapping the Building Schools for the Future programme yesterday. Thinking about something nicer, I went to the Respect Festival in Roundwood Park yesterday. I met a Longstone Avenue resident who is trying to set up a voluntary group to support Roundwood Park. You can read her blog here.

I explained the financial issues. The outgoing Lib Dem / Tory administration on brent Council cut the capital fuunding for parks to only 85,000 pounds for all the parks in Brent both next year and the year after. To give some idea of scale, I have been told bringing the Summer Theatre back into use would cost at least a quarter of a million pounds.

However, a voluntary group might be able to access funds in a way the Council cannot so I hope she is successful.

1 comment:

Kate Greening said...

Thanks for popping by to see us at the Festival. I've now updated my blog with details of how the day went and some of the ideas and issues raised by residents and park users.

I'm hoping that by getting the management committee sorted out I will be able to set the organisation up as a charity, which will help us raise some of the funding that is required. I don't expect miracles overnight, just baby steps!

Post a Comment