Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Emissions Based Permits

Yesterday I posted on the waste management plans coming up at the Executive tonight. Today, I thought I would point to the other big "green" policy being considered _ emission based permits. This was a key pledge in our election manifesto.

The idea is that you pay more for a permit if your car has a worse emissions level (based on the vehicle excise bands). Several authorities have schemes that take account of emissions, but I think Brent's will be the most extensive now that the Tories are abolishing the scheme in Richmond.

As well as the new permits, the scheme suggests that car club cars should be allowed to park anywhere in the Borough, which I think could be a real incetive to people to join car clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment