Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Doorknocking and Sarah Teather

Out doorknocking in the streets north of Wrottesley Road on Sunday. Found the usual streetcare concerns _ broken paving and so on. There was some apprehension about the Tory/Lib Dem cuts programme, although it still seems to abstract for people to get worked up. Nobody mentioned the Lib Dem campaigns on emissions based parking permits or their opposition to alternate weekly collections.

However, it was striking how many people felt let down by Sarah Teather. Looking through the returns, they are full of "I voted Liberal Democrat but ....." type comments. Not so much on specific issues like the VAT increase, but just general dismay. If I were Sarah Teather I weould be far more worried by this general sense that she has betrayed people's trust than I would by opposition on specific issues, not least because I would expect it to be much harder to turn it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment