Search This Blog

Saturday 23 March 2019

People's Vote March Today

Today is the  day for the big People's Vote referendum March.  I shall be going behind the Cooperative Party banner meeting at 83 Park Lane around noon.  Last time it was absolutely packed, and I gather it is predicted to be this time as well.  The March is of course for people to have a final say on whatever the deal is, but anyone who would just like to remain an EU member might consider signing the Parliamentary petition that is already attracting millions of supporters.  I don't think I have ever heard of a petitions getting so many signatures so quickly

Even if you don't like the details of this position, I think it is worth doing because of the general indication it gives.

In the meantime I think that the UK will be forced to apply for a longer extension than the one announced on Thursday, just to pass its own domestic legislation.  In which case the UK will have to hold European Parliament elections to make sure that European decisions continue to be legal.  Since Jacob Rees Mogg et al  have always claimed to be democrats who would oppose us being a "vassal" state, I think they should logically agree to such a vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment