Search This Blog

Friday 21 August 2009

Using Willesden Junction

Willesden Junction Train Station has always been a nightmare to approach, but I have been told this will all change under a new Masterplan. Admittedly, I have heard that sort of thing before, not least in the constant off-on about the Bakerloo Line's Kensal Green station, but I remain hopeful.

The problems at Willesden Junction have been to do with the physical layout of the station, the different bodies responsible for different bits , and the Local Authority boundaries.

The approach I have been concentrating on recently has been the Harrow Road footpath. This comes down from Harrow Road close to the junction with Furness Road towards the old ticket office. I suspect it has more users than the newer, main ticket office. Back in January, during Boris Johnson's notorious shutdown of public transport in London, I tried to find out who was responsible for gritting it. It took six months to find out that it was London Overground (LOROL). Apparently, they also take responsibility for cutting back the brambles that overhang it, although I am not sure that they are legally obliged to.

I am trying to have that area by the side of the path gravelled over. Hopefully, that will also discourage the rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment