Search This Blog

Monday 18 January 2016

Scrutinising Waste Solutions

Martin Francis has picked up on my post about changes to the Scrutiny report recommendations.  The remarks that were critical of the then lead member didn't refer to me but to Roxanne Mashari, who did indeed appear in photo opportunities in a campaign targeted at prosecuting residents for various environmental offences.  

I was involved in a different campaign, related to trade waste, which has subsequently discontinued.  I am not sure why.  The figures indicate that it was effective in reducing waste, but I know that it was also labour intensive so it may be that a cost/benefit analysis showed that resources were better used in other ways.

If so, I have no problem with that.  The advantage of being transparent with such things is that if a given scheme doesn't work, lessons can be learnt and a new solution can be attempted.  That kind of pragmatic approach is more productive than just deleting unfavourable references.

No comments:

Post a Comment