Search This Blog

Friday 28 October 2011

Camden Legal Challenge

I notice that that delightful firm Bindmans is acting in the legal challenge to Camden Council over their library strategy.  Their full letter before claim is here.  It is no doubt rather sad that I read this through in order to compare it to the Brent case, which it resembles in a number of ways.

UPDATE:

On the comment below, the email mentioned below does refer to the FOI Act, and has been passed to an FOI officer to respond to, and yes I suspect Bindmans are looking at the library litigations as a commercial opportunity.

1 comment:

Sagar Shah said...

Do you think Bindmans is helping both campaigns because it believes in the cause and believes it can win? Or do you think the lawyers are just looking to make money?

I haven't been involved in the legal case myself, so I can't comment, but would be interested in your opinion.

I also note that neither you or Sue McKenzie have replied to my email which covered a number of issues including the costs of this avoidable court case to the Brent tax payer. I really do hope that common courtesy will prevail in a reasonable amount of time and that I don't have to actually read the FOI Act which I've deliberately avoided citing or invoking because I thought Brent Council's motto was "Forward Together" (or did that get scrapped to cut costs too? ;-))

Post a Comment