Search This Blog

Friday 13 February 2015

Topping Out at the Willesden Green Library Centre

Attended the topping out event at Willesden Green Library Centre yesterday, presided over by Cllr Lesley Jones.  It is good to see the building so advanced.  I understand that practical completion is intended to be agreed in June.  When I asked about the actual opening of the Library I was told "late Summer", which is later than I had hoped but there we are.

I look forward to seeing it in action.  Among the attendees at this event was one of the fiercest proponents of the bid for Town Green status.  He now seems reconciled to the new Centre, which I am sure will immensely benefit Willesden Green.  Without a certain amount of persistence, not least in promoting the Libraries Transformation Project, none of this would have happened. 

Incidentally, I learnt that some people from Lewisham had visited earlier in the day, to see what they could learn lessons for their own library services.

No comments:

Post a Comment