Search This Blog

Sunday 21 October 2018

Community Skips

Martin Francis has picked up on a new community skip initiative in northern Brent.  These have been tried in the past, but it looks to me that the officers may be trialling them more systematically this time, albeit only in the North of the Borough.  The first I was aware of were the Welsh Harp ones (I think) in circa 2005/6, and there was a very successful one in Kensal Green round Tubbs Road


I wonder whether the trial of this is designed as an alternative to running the tip in Abbey Road at the southern end of the Borough, which is one of the suggested budget savings currently before the Council.  I also wonder whether it might also be an excuse for getting rid of the bulky items policy which some Council officers have wanted to abolish for years, and which I reinstated as lead member in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment