Search This Blog

Saturday 16 February 2019

The Naming of Wards

I have now had a look at the LGCBE boundary proposals for Brent.  Last time I mentioned this I mentioned my hopes for the North Circular Road and for a Harlesden Town Centre ward.  Both seem to have been taken on board, so now it is a matter of looking for refinements.

When the Borough was last looked at I recall the actual names of wards were often contentious.  In at least one case I am sure that this will remain so.  I doubt whether the inhabitants of Queens Park will take kindly to losing their long standing moniker to a new "Kensal Green East and Kensal" label.  I dare say that many will protest furiously.  Those who do have plenty of time, as the final phase of the consultation ends in April, and this is the kind of thing that can be changed fairly easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment