Search This Blog

Friday 21 May 2010

Willesden Junction Issues

I suppose my big objective in the ward over the next four years will be to sort out some of the problems around Willesden Junction station. I have blogged before about the various issues of Willesden Junction. With the election out of the way, I hope we can get together joint working with other Boroughs to speed up the rate of progress.

I would like to see more than just occasional clean ups. We also need to do something about the terrible state of Station Approach (a private road owned by Network Rail). There is also the missed opportunity of the Hythe Road public footpath, and the unappealing nature of the Harrow Road footpath. The Harlesden Town Team were also keen to improve the approach up Station Road, which is a fairly dreary introduction to a vibrant Town Centre. We could also make progress on less difficult problems like the signage of the station.

My hope is that the changed majority on Brent Council will finally give some real impetus to this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment