Search This Blog

Saturday 10 September 2011

Weeds on the Streets

I have been getting a lot of complaints about weeds on the streets which on some roads, for instance Bramston Road or Wrottesley Road, are unacceptably high. 

The standard process is to spray weedkiller in Spring and again in the Autumn.  Physical weeding is done during the summer, but this stops once the weeds are about to be sprayed as the plants absorb the weedkiller better then.  I understand that most of Kensal Green was sprayed last week, and that the weedkiller takes two to three weeks to work.

1 comment:

Sagar Shah said...

I'm sure there was also a practice where a member of streetcare would walk the streets with a tool that allowed them to clean the gaps between pavement slabs (and between walls) of weeds. I've seen them doing this in previous years, but not this year and the state of the pavements in my road is disappointing.

Is this a service that has been cut?

Post a Comment