Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Government Micromanagement

The campaign against the Kiln Theatre's new name appears to be still staggering on.  It seems to be attempting to drag in various outside bodies on its behalf. The DCMS is mentioned.  This is another case where people seem to be making representations in inappropriate quarters, which I just find odd. 

I don't whether the DCMS has any actual powers in this case.  I suspect not, but I really don't think the government should be encouraged to go round micro-managing everyone else as I suspect they wouldn't be any good at it.

UPDATE 09.12.18

I gather that the Kiln Theatre apparently decided to terminate the dialogue shortly after 23 November.  I can't say I blame them as the issue seems to me to a entirely dead one.

No comments:

Post a Comment