Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2009

Executive: Possible Doom for John Kelly Schools

I expected tonight's Brent Council Executive to be meeting to discuss whether to go ahead buying more land for the John Kelly Schools to rebuild on, or to try to build on the existing site. I was surprised that it was not on the agenda. I fear it is too much to hope that they have thought better of their plan not to buy the neighbouring land.

Without taking some of the land on the Industrial estate next door, the John Kelly Schools will be left with virtually no sports facilities, completely inadequate transport to and from the school and a building period lasting four years instead of two. Nevertheless, I suspect the Tories and Lib Dems will ram through their "Building for Failure" policy anyway.

Certainly if my experience at the Forward Plan Committee on 29 July is anything to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment