Search This Blog

Sunday 23 August 2009

Roundwood Youth Club Rebuild: Brent Liberal Democrats should Help

A piece of (mostly) good news in Kensal Green; Roundwood Youth Club on Longstone Avenue is being rebuilt thanks to a £5 million grant from the Government.

I have to be careful what I say, as I am on the Planning Committee and I may have to judge a Planning Application for the site. There are very strict rules that councillors on the Planning Committee are in a "quasi-judicial" role and therefore must not say anything to give the impression that they have made their minds up in advance.

However, I can say that I am concerned about the length of time any building project might take and I am concerned that Brent Council doesn't seem to be providing alternative premises for the Youth facilities during that period. There is a possibility of some of them being sent up to Blackbird Hill, which hardly convenient to get to if you have to travel by public transport from Kensal Green. The Liberal Democrats who in theory run Brent Council, should pull their fingers out to make sure people can still access these youth services.

No comments:

Post a Comment