Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Leader's Question Time

My recent tour of Brent Council's ACFs makes me reflect on Jack Beck's recent call for a Leader's Question Time in Brent. The way he raised it was clearly just a point scoring gimmick. It was one of Brent Liberal Democrats' extremely slight election pledges, one which they could quite easily have set up during any point in their coalition.

However, in fronting the Waste Management consultation over the past few weeks, I have effectively been fulfilling his demand. Admittedly, I was talking on a specific topic but personally I think that is better as it gives a more focused discussion. The other advantage of using the established ACFs rather than a special format is greater efficiency. We don't have to increase the consultation budget (as the Tory/Liberal Democrat government cuts our grant), and by including it in a regular series of events we are more likely to attract an audience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree on 'point scoring gimmick', there clearly isn't the demand or money, but aren't all politicans doing the same, especially as he's relatively new.

Post a Comment