Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Harlesden Town Centre: Colour Scheme


Another consideration in Harlesden Town Centre's design is the colour scheme of the materials. At the moment this can appear to be rather ad hoc. I guess no one has really taken responsibility for it as a place, and therefore things have been replaced bit by bit. Above is an example I took of Walworth Road where the surfaces and street furniture are all on a grey/silver theme. In Brent, that kind of blister paving is usually beige, which doesn't seem particularly attractive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James,

Your 'grey/silver' was my 'natural concrete'. Which is the cheapest stuff you can use, and in my opinion, looked it.

The colour contrast (beige) is usually deliberate, I think, for the poor-sighted.

There are some more pictures - and of Willesden Junction station - here.

JC

Post a Comment